The development of a nation depends on its enlightened human resources and it depends on the quality of Education. The quality of education depends upon the talented teachers, whose quality is intern depends on the professional efficiency of teacher educators.
Realising the significant, School of Education, SASTRA Deemed to be University, Thanjavur has been functioning from the year 2016 with the objective of providing quality teacher education.
The School of Education functions with the objective of producing committed teachers who will be competent to teach subjects of their specialization at secondary and higher secondary levels. Further its objective is to pave the base to teacher educators with professionalism, and academic leadership. The School consists of well experienced faculty members working for the wellbeing and development of the school.
Promoting excellence in teaching for an enlightened society.
- To conduct teaching and outreach programmes to enrich teacher education.
- To create an academic environment that values intellectual curiosity, pursuit of knowledge and academic freedom.
- To prepare a strong base for teacher educators as instruments for socio and economic development.
- To prepare the teachers and teacher educators as policy makers in curriculum design and planners in future.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE PROGRAMME
- Creating confidence to handle the ICT based classroom instructions.
- Live demonstrations for developing / accruing different micro skills.
- Special and extra scopes of developing soft skills.
- Providing experience to become effective educational managers and administrators.
- Paves way for becoming effective communicators in English
- Make them to realize Psychological trips for effective teaching / learning.
- Helps them to understand the Sociological perspective in education.
- Orient them to realize the need for innovations in all teaching / learning approaches.
- Helps to develop favorable attitude towards differently abled children