- Established in 2006
- Approved by NCTE
- Our courses are Equivalent to B.Ed as per the G.O (Ms)No 259, Higher Education (K1) department dated 21.12.2021
Promoting excellence in teaching for an enlightened society.
- To conduct teaching and outreach programmes to enrich teacher education.
- To create an academic environment that values intellectual curiosity, pursuit of knowledge and academic freedom.
- To prepare a strong base for teacher educators as instruments for socio and economic development.
- To prepare the teachers and teacher educators as policy makers in curriculum design and planners in future.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE PROGRAMME
- Twenty weeks of school of internship programme for enhancing professional skills
- Well-equipped Physical Science,Chemistry,Psychology,Mathematics Laboratories and Data Science Laboratory for Computer Subjects
- ICT enabled classrooms
- Training programme in digital tools
- Teaching-Learning Clubs for promoting innovative pedagogy.
- Online teaching/meetings/interaction through GCR whenever necessary
- Knowledge- Leadership forum lecture for upskilling
- Clubs and cultural activities
- Social outreach programmes through Grama Seva ,Citizenship Training Camp,and Field Visit
- Education based project in the final year to foster research aptitude
- Intensive preparation for TET/CTET Exams.
- Enhancement of soft skills
- Workshop on Emboss Painting
- SASTRA PEDAGOGY DAY: An inter-collegiate event for Teacher Trainees on Innovative Pedagogy
- Campus recruitment by reputed schools.
- Training for competitive examinations.